Edamame Kit Kat

Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 | 0 comments

       We're back in Japan and arrived home to the newest flavor of Kit Kat: edamame! This particular flavor is well-known as a local edamame product in the Tohoku area. Therefore, 10 yen from each purchase is being donated to the disaster relief fund. I'm not sure how long it's been out, but I'm assuming that I didn't miss another flavor during the month we were back in the US.
Rating on this one? Well, my jet lag seems to be interfering with my taste buds for some reason. As in, nothing has seemed incredibly appetizing the past couple of days. But...I definitely detected a bean flavor when I bit into this one. In a good way. It was immediately followed by the typical Kit Kat aftertaste, but points to Nestle for getting the initial bit right. Yuki also liked the bean flavor but said it could be stronger, and that it was kind of weird in combination with the usual sweetness. Final score: 6.5. Worth trying for the novelty, but not worth buying a second one. Donate your 10 yen (and then some!!!) directly to the Japanese Red Cross instead!


0 comments: