Mission Accomplished!

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 | 0 comments

  We are officially living in our new apartment! For the time being, I'm going to forget about the massive piles of stuff that I need to get organized and put away. I've realized that I have way, way, WAY too many 1. clothes, 2. books, and 3. shoes, while Yuki tends to collect electronics equipment. Which basically means that our second bedroom looks like a a family of five's belongings have been dumped in it. By a tornado. Ouch.
  Wasabi is adjusting to the new apartment ok, although she seems to be having some separation anxiety. As in, every time one of us leaves the room---and she's always in the same room that we are---she howls like a banshee. It's even worse when we leave the place, too. As a result, I'm guessing that our neighbors on the other half of the duplex hate us already: we probably should've given them a bigger box of cookies when we moved in! (Over here, you have to give presents to the neighbors when you move in). I have to say that I much prefer the American tradition of your neighbors bringing you stuff instead....on top of packing, moving, unpacking, etc, finding the time to get to a department store and buy fancy treats seems like overkill to me!
  No pictures today since we haven't gotten the desktop set up yet, just our travel laptop. For now, it's back to work attacking the pile upstairs!

0 comments: