Splish Splash, I Was Takin' A Bath...

Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2011 | 1 comments

   Yesterday was a day of firsts for Keila! I awoke at 6:02 a.m. in a panic upon realization that Shatner had slept through the night! It took a few seconds to process the fact that her sleeping for just under 7 hours was a GOOD thing and not cause for concern. This incident was also the first time that I slept through the night since some point before the third trimester, so we both started the day off well.
  Unfortunately, Keila's other 'first' wasn't such a good thing...yesterday was also our first 'pooping in the bathtub' experience. Which, gross as it was, might not have been quite so horrible...except for the fact that in Japan, it's customary for fathers to take a bath with the baby. Needless to say, thus ensued quite a bit of uproar and laughter (laughter on my part, evil person that I am). I even went so far as to run and grab the camera before we hosed Pooper off. In my defense, I did ask if I could go get it; I didn't just leave the poor guy stranded there. Major props to Yuki for being such a good sport!
  Last night, there was no repeat 7-hour sleep stretch, but at least progress is being made. And if we're lucky, there will be no repeats of #2 (pun intended), EVER!

         Shatner strikes again! Look carefully in the back left corner of the tub...or rather, don't look!




                         She's taken to sticking her tongue out when she's feeling good....note that Dad is NOT sticking his out!

1 comments:

strwberrryjoy said...

Wow! Daddy is a good sport! Very cute bath pix! This happened to me too when Claire was about that age. I was the one in the tub. :)

Sometimes, infants sticking out their tongues can be an early hunger cue.