Saturday Dinner and a Cool Toilet

Posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 | 2 comments


We went out to dinner on Saturday for no particular reason, other than Yuki wanted me to try a new place he'd gone to with a friend earlier in the week. We'd actually walked by this Japanese-style bar/restaurant several times but never thought about eating there, since it looked pretty expensive. Luckily they offer course sets, so we were able to try a lot of their food for less than we'd thought. Not that it was exactly cheap, but it's definitly afforable for a special occassion, and the quality of the food is amazing! Too bad I can't remember the name of the place, but I'm guessing that it won't be of much use to most people, anyway. Definitely wonderful cuisine though, and an impressive bathroom, too. I wish that whoever designed this restaurant could design my future home!
 (Once again some of the pictures are small for reasons I cannot discern. If you want to see a close-up, just click on them).

                                                                 The sushi bar



The appetizer: broiled sanma (fish), shrimp and the best potato I've ever had



Tuna, saba, and a fish whose name I can't remember but is apparently expensive because it's got a ton of tiny bones in it that the sushi chefs have to remove---help, anyone?


Next course: salmon broiled in teriyaki glaze and topped with shredded Japanese radish and salmon eggs




                                            Yuki's sake, served in an abalone bowl




                         Chawanmushi (steamed omelette-like dish) and fried fugu, or blowfish--yes,
                            it does contain a poison sac and you have to have a license to prepare it


                                            Me right before what could've been my last meal. I guess our chef really did have his license!


Dessert: green tea ice cream topped with sweet red bean paste
                              


No, I can't believe that I took a picture of a toilet, either. But in my defense, it was a REALLY cool bathroom!

2 comments:

Kristel said...

Marlow,
I just looked at your blog---your photos are amazing! Thanks for the compliments and for sharing!

Ivo Serenthà said...

Hello Kristel, thanks for your compliments, you are very dear, a hug,

Marlow