New Kit Kat: Sakura Matcha (Cherry Blossom Green Tea)

Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 | 0 comments

   Stopped by the local 7-11 today after going to the post office, since I figured it was about time for a new Kit Kat to make an appearance. And they didn't disappoint: Sakura Matcha Kit Kats are out, just in time for cherry blossom season.
 I almost didn't buy one, since I've had both the matcha (green tea) Kit Kats before and the sakura (cherry blossom) Kit Kats, so I already had an idea of what this one would taste like. But, for the sake of getting a photo, I caved. Yuki and I did a taste-test right after he got home from work. We gave them a strong 6.5, maybe a 7. I didn't get any hint of cherry blossom, and it was milder than the usual matcha ones. Still, not bad. I would, however, like to see these done on a dark chocolate base at some point, instead of the usual white chocolate.  ***If you're not familiar with the way product sales work here, most things are seasonal, and you'll see a yearly rotation of food items, albeit with slight variances. For example, each spring that I've been here, I've seen sakura and matcha/green tea kit kats, sometimes in varying flavor combinations like the one above. They've always used white chocolate as the base for these 2 particular flavors, though***
Next year, I'm hoping for something like sakura and sake Kit Kats. People drink sake at cherry blossom viewing parties anyway, so why not combine them?

0 comments: