Another One Bites the Dust...Bunny

Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 | 0 comments

  To borrow (and slightly modify) some lines from Queen, I'm pretty sure that this is what Wasabi would've been singing had we caught her in action, chewing off my second bunny slipper's tail:
Another one bites the dust (bunny)
Another one bites the dust (bunny)
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust (bunny)
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust...(Bunny!)


We returned from a day trip to Izu peninsula yesterday (which will be the subject of tomorrow's blog, when I have more time to write) to find Wasabi howling at the door after 8 hours of being left alone in the house. Nothing new there though in terms of her howling, and nothing else seemed amiss, either. Only later, in the midst of preparing dinner, did I realize that the tail on my second bunny slipper was now dangling by a thread!
 How Wasabi actually accomplished this feat is beyond me, since the bunny slippers were safely at the bottom of the stairs and out of her reach the entire time we were gone. The only 3 options are:
 1. She chewed on it that morning while I was showering, and I just didn't notice in the rush to get out the door
 2. She managed to open the door and sneak down the stairs to chew it while we were gone (also sneaking back up the stairs and closing the door behind her afterwards)
 3. She chewed the tail off while the slipper was on my foot after we got home

Seeing as the second and third options aren't very likely, I'm going to place my bets on #1. Whatever the case, while we were in the midst of making a fuss about the dangling tail, she happily ran over and proceeded to pull it completely off.
Final score--- Wasabi: 2, Bunny slippers: 0.

    The sad discovery 



   Wasabi inspecting her work 

 
   Putting the poor tail out of its misery


     Running around with her prize




0 comments: