Sigourney Weaver Has A Heart!!!

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 | 0 comments

    I wrote this post on March 11th...the results of yet another of many, many trips to the doctor that followed during my first trimester. I don't know that I'll bore you with all of them, but since this was the first time I saw our baby's heartbeat, I thought I'd share.


  Went back to the doctor this morning for a follow-up on my 'threatened miscarriage'...thank God, everything looked good! No more bleeding, cervix wasn't dilated (I'm not sure if it was the first time or not, since I was too upset to even think to ask)...and, and, AND...I saw the heartbeat for the first time! I wasn't expecting to see it so early (we have an appointment in 2 days to specifically check for the heartbeat), but it was definitely reassuring to see that little blip on the screen. I cannot begin to describe the feelings of joy and relief at seeing that tiny little pulse. But, I'm also disappointed that Yuki wasn't able to see it with me for the first time. It's just one of those things you hope to be able to share with your partner. Or at least it is for me. Still, I'm sure that the novelty won't have worn off when we go back in a couple of days!


                  Our little one measured in at 3.1 mm today, right on target for 6 weeks!

        

0 comments: