First Ikura of the Season

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 | 0 comments

      We had the first ikura (salmon eggs) of the season on Saturday, in the form of an ikura rice bowl. While I've been avoiding any and all raw fish while pregnant, the ikura were simply too much to resist. I managed to rationalize eating them in consideration of the fact that ikura are actually caviar, not raw fish. Right? Right. In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't get sick, so all's well that ends well! Thanks again Otousan!

                          My rice bowl: ikura with (cooked) crab meat and Japanese radish sprouts




                                      A little piece of paradise in a bowl


                                                   Not my sake


                                   Yuki's rice bowl: same as mine, only with salmon sashimi, too

0 comments: